Season 5?!?!?!?

Discussion about the original Meerkat Manor television series

Season 5?!?!?!?

Postby Mitch68 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

There is a raging rumor here in the US that season/series 4 will be the last for Meerkat Manor. In the episode previews on Animal Planet, they refer to the last episode (which will air on August 22 in the US) as the "series finale". Now I know Meerkat Manor is a British production. I have seen quite a bit of British TV as I can get CBC out of Canada. I realize the British refer to a year's run of a show as a "series" while Americans call it a "season".

I am hoping we just have confusion over these terms, but there are many fans who are wondering if it is true. Has anybody else heard this or have any info?
Mitch68

Re: Season 5?!?!?!?

Postby MeerkatAki » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't know but I think Meerkat Manor will continue.Why would they cancel it when it's extremely popular?

I think people are just confused.I heard season 5 was being filmed but I'm not sure.I doubt they'll cancel it.
MeerkatAki

Postby Zorilla » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:13 pm

I can tell you nobody has offered me a contract for next year...MMphh... :twisted:

I wonder if anybody reads this board.
:roll:
Zorilla
Zorilla

Postby Meerkatlover112 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm

about that "Season Finale": the last episode of every season do they name "Season Finale"

and about season 5: i doný think they stop the show. its so populair
Meerkatlover112

Postby nightshift » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 am

Why stop at Season 5? Why not Season 10? Animal Planet, USA only has 2 shows that are profitable and one of them is Meerkat Manor. Season 4 viewership was supposedly down in the US, but it was because of 3 things. One, Whoopi Goldberg didn't do a good job with narrating the movie abouot Flower's life. Then, we learn that another woman will be narrating Season 4 which had people skepticle. And worst of all, they aired the entire 4th season during the summer months when school is out and everyone is taking their family vacations! How brilliant was that? Mick Kazakorski is an idiot. He, alone, will ruin the US version of this EXCELLENT show! Instead of changing narrators, they should have changed executive producers. Now that Marjorie Kaplan is in charge, maybe she'll put a boot up his bonnet!
nightshift

Postby Mitch68 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:24 am

Meerkatlover, I realize that a "season finale" is just the end of the year. But the early episode previews kept saying "series finale". In UK, that is the same as season finale in the US, but there was never a clarification.

Nightshift, great points. Stockard Channing was just awful. Bring back Sean. I think ratings may have been hurt by the deaths of many major meerkats in Season 3, which may have turned off casual viewers. Where did you get the info on profitability? I have been looking for stuff like that (and ratings) and havent been able to find it. Thanks.
Mitch68

Postby Catlady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:29 pm

I agree - the narrator this past year (in the U.S.) had a lot to do with dropping ratings. Stockard Channing's monotone put me to sleep, and what used to be my favorite show was watched very infrequently this past season because of it.
Catlady

Postby Mitch68 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 am

My kids used to watch MM with me but wont because of Stockard Channing. After 3 episodes, they said they just couldnt stand her.
Mitch68

Return to TV series